Our History

Methodism began in Carroll County, Georgia, in 1828, through the efforts of Methodist Circuit Riders serving several rural preaching areas known as Campgrounds. Worship in the City of Carrollton was carried on at the Courthouse until 1847 when Methodists erected the first of three houses of worship.

The first building was located on the north side of what is now Alabama Street and U.S. Highway 27. A cemetery, which is managed by the City, remains on the site.

The next two church buildings were constructed at what is now 206 Newnan Street–just off the Town Square. The second, coming in 1881, was wooden, and the third was of stone, built in 1904. This stone building has been remodeled and expansions added several times. In 1940 a three storied Educational Building was constructed, and a Chapel was built in 1954.

Major expansion was completed in 1989 which included an addition of the Sanctuary, the doubling of the size of the Educational Facilities, and the construction of a new Fellowship Hall and Kitchen. Recently buildings have been purchased to house the expanding youth and Hispanic ministries.
In 2016 the educational buildings were completely renovated and the sanctuary was reconstructed with a center aisle and new pews.